Many people always have questions about fashion week, like why is it useful to go as an online editor, what do bloggers do at fashion week etc. I thought it would be interesting to explain a little bit more why, in my opinion you should all go to fashion week:
1. Inspiration: With all the designers showing their new collections you can probably guess this is the best time to get inspired. I also get very inspired from the street style of people surrounding me as everyone dresses up a little more when it’s fashion week.
2. Connections: I’ve met so, so many people at all the international fashion weeks which I talk to on a very regular base. I’ve made friends but also got to know very interesting companies where I now collaborate with and am in close contact with.
3. Content: This is by far the best reason to go to fashion week in my opinion. First of all you’re in a new location which means a nice backdrop for your outfit pictures and next to that you can share EVERYTHING that’s going on behind the scenes, all that’s new on the catwalks and your personal diaries. I always get back with two weeks of new blogposts from every city I visit. It’s very good to break the daily routine with this amazing and exciting content.
4. Collaborations: Fashion week is the perfect opportunity to work on collaborations. A lot of brands want their clothes to be worn by bloggers and attenders because it’s a good opportunity for extra publicity. If you’re going to fashion week you can also pitch a cool collaboration to brand yourself as they’re more likely to be open for it around this time of the year.
5. Meet the names: As not all brands are based close to my house it’s nice that when you travel to fashion weeks you can actually meet the names behind the e-mails you’ve been sending to each other for a while and meet someone in person.
Are you guys going to any of the fashion weeks? Or have your ever been to fashion week? I would love to read about your experiences!